Dr. Erika Horwitz
Let me introduce myself: I am Dr. Erika Horwitz. I am a Registered Psychologist, Certified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Teacher, Author, International Public Speaker, and University lecturer.
I was recently interviewed by Global news on the benefits of mindfulness on mental health:
Upcoming Programs and Events:
**MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction)
For information on the nextProgram please click on the tab “Next MBSR” Click here
**Day-long Mindfulness mini-retreats
These all day mini-retreats are an opportunity for those new to mindfulness and MBSR graduates to come together and spend a day practicing and learning mindfulness tools to navigate life with more ease. For more information or to register click here: Registration Day long mini-retreats
**The Mindfulness toolbox Retreat/Course:
**Please check back for dates
In beautiful Nanaimo, B.C. at the Bethlehem Centre
The Mindfulness Toolbox brings MBSR, MBCT, ACT (Mindfulness Based Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and Mindful Self-compassion to a 3-day format!
Learn Mindfulness tools to deal with, among other things: Stress, Feelings of anxiety, Chronic Pain, Obsessive Thinking, Issues of Worthiness, and more. AND learn ways to find peace and contentment.
THIS 3 DAY RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM IS LIKE NO OTHER.
Spend 3 days in a beautiful setting by a lake, surrounded by nature, in quiet reflection and learning many tools and strategies that support inner confidence, inner growth, and inner calm. You will not only gain insight but will also learn tools and strategies that help to live life with more presence and contentment.
Dr. Erika Horwitz is an experienced psychologist who has extensive training in many mindfulness based therapies.
This program is a great way for counsellors, psychologists, and social workers because they will learn these tools both to work with their clients and to support their own well being.
This program will include both, mindfulness practice AND learning many strategies to transform your life.
By the end of the program participants will:
- Have experienced the inner journey of periods of silence.
- Know various mindfulness practices to manage and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Know skills for mastery of emotions, stress, reactions
- Learn how a personal code of ethics serves as a compass for responding. and acting (living with integrity) – one of the deepest forms of worthiness emerges from this strategy.
- Learn tools to communicate more effectively in interactions with others
- Gain mastery of their actions and communication in order to have successful relationships.
- Know how to cultivate inner peace and happiness in spite of life challenges.
- The mind and its involvement in human suffering.
- Living ethically: Having a compass to inform choices and behaviour.
- Relationships: the power of ethics, presence and self-awareness in relationships, and how mindfulness can assist us in communicating with others.
- Emotion Regulation, Distress Tolerance and Resilience.
- Self-compassion: finding inner peace and contentment.
- Happiness: the what and how of happiness.
MINDFULNESS BASED STRESS REDUCTION, ACCEPTANCE AND COMMITMENT THERAPY, DIALECTICAL BEHAVIOUR THERAPY, MINDFUL SELF-COMPASSION AND MINDFULNESS BASED COGNTIVE THERAPY ALL IN ONE PLACE
To Register: https://bethlehemcentre.com/events/the-mindfulness-toolbox/